Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Leaving Paris

I've accepted a position at Camp Lenox for the summer. It's very last minute, and not at all what I had planned for the rest of my time here in Paris. I'm cutting my European life short by 5 weeks, and leaving in a big rush. My host family is less than thrilled with this news, and I will certainly miss the kids, my friends here, and this wonderful city.

However, this is the best decision for me, and I'm being a little selfish and going for it full-force. I will always remember my time living in Paris, and will be so sad to leave. But I'm excited to return to good old America, to get my life going on the path it's meant to take.

I would also like to share my to-do list I made at the end of November, of things I needed/wanted to do in Paris before I left. It was 16 items long, and I hit 11 of them, which I think is pretty fair, considering I'm leaving 5 weeks early!! Here they are:

1. see live music in Paris
2. ride a motorcycle
3. use Vélib (public biking system in Paris)
4. stay up until the metro opens
5. Musée Rodin
6. walk across all the bridges on the Seine
7. Sacré Coeur
8. play pétanque with the old men in the park
9. take a boat ride
10. picnic along the Seine
11. Musée d'Orsay
12. Louvre
13. Parc des Buttes-Chaumont
14. Promenade Plantée
15. go up the Eiffel Tower
16. kiss someone while the Eiffel Tower sparkles (must be in view of tower for it to count!)

The ones I missed were numbers 2, 6, 8, 14, and 16. Although I still have a few more days...

Thanks to all of you loyal readers of my blog, and here are a few photos from my birthday this past weekend to finish up on a high note.

See you soon!

my personal birthday sign at my favorite bar!

sassy on the Champs Elysées

my crew

obligatory tourist photos

the lovely ile de la cité

No comments:

Post a Comment