Thursday, May 31, 2012

Updates

I'm really only posting so I don't go the whole month of May without a blog. Just wanted to clear that up in advance.

I'm currently lying on my bed, where I've been nearly all day, except for my 4-ish hours of work. You see, my dear old mom and dad left Paris this morning and I'm utterly exhausted. I don't know if I was pushing them or they were pushing me or what. But I've been waking up at 6am to be ready to go after I drop the kid off at school in the mornings. I've been walking all day long. ALL DAY. And I've been staying up and active until midnight-ish. So. Today I did my work, watched some tv, passed out about 11am and woke up when my alarm went off at 3:10pm to get ready for work. I'm not ashamed.

It's been a busy month, and I think the rest of my time here in Paris will be like that as well. I have a flight booked for July 31, exactly 2 months from now. I still haven't been to the Louvre. Or the Pompidou. I have a lot to do before I turn 26 and lose my ability to hit the museums for free. I've had so many lovely visitors this month, and see some cool things. It was amazing introducing my parents to this city I love. My mom cried when she saw the Eiffel Tower; I did too, when I first came here in '09.

I'm starting to get nostalgic for my last 9 weeks here. I've been really lucky. Paris will always be mine, just a little bit, regardless of what happens in the future. And while I'm not ecstatic to be moving home (simply because it makes me feel less independent and a bit of a failure), I am excited to see how my experiences abroad translate into my "real life" at home. Even though I will be terribly sad to leave this city, it's been a dream.

For the record, I'll be at Camp Lenox for the month of August, helping out with the last few weeks of camp (Color Warrrrr) and staying for post-camp to earn the monies. After that, I'm taking a tiny break up in Maine with the original Baby-Sitters' Club, and heading back to Athens on/around September 9th.

Not sure how many more updates I'll be doing. Watch my facebook for photos. Bisous!



No comments:

Post a Comment