Monday, February 20, 2012

Roma

So my friend and I booked travel to Rome for the first weekend in March! Neither of us have ever been to Italy before, and Italy is one of those places I have always wanted to see. But first I need to learn some Italian. Honestly, people all over Europe speak multiple languages, and English tends to be one of them. (One of these days you are going to get a post about how Americans need to start taking other languages seriously...literally it's so sad that almost everyone I meet in Paris can converse in English and I can name on two hand people I know who speak French.)

But in the mean time, here are the words I already know in Italian! That should help, right? Lay out what I know and fill in the holes...

Buongiorno - Good day
Buonasera - Good evening
Buonanotte - Good night
Ciao - Hi/Bye
Arrivederci - Good-bye
Presto - Soon
Prego - You're welcome
Grazie - Thank you
Si - Yes
No - No
Dove - Where
Piazza - Plaza
Spaghetti...
Linguini...
Fettucini...
Penne...
Tagliateli...
Tortellini...
Ravioli...
Farfalle...
Pizza...
Gelato...

I think I might be able to get by on that, but I should at least learn how to say, "Do you speak English?" Or at least some vocab that isn't half food....

Parli inglese? There it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment