Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Last Day of Vacation...

...which, we all know, means tomorrow = freedom! And laundry. Yes, I know, it's been almost 4 weeks since I got here...shhh...

(Oh, Friday marks four weeks. Wow.)

Anyway, today was the first Wednesday of the month, which meant air-raid sirens at noon. That was fun and interesting. Luckily, I'd been warned ahead of time, so I didn't duck-and-cover. Instead I just marveled in history and the fact that even though I've never heard an air-raid siren before, I still understood it in my gut. Funny.

Ever have those days where nothing you eat is satisfying, and you keep wondering why you're such a bottomless pit, and then all of a sudden you realize you are dying of THIRST really, and not hunger? That just happened.

I'm attempting to cut my bangs tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.

Relating to my job, today I learned about seasons at the American Library (or as my kid says, the "merry-go library"). We made paper snowflakes. Now, I am somewhat of an expert snowflake-maker, and I'm actually serious about that. And I'm proud of it--I freaking ROCK at paper snowflakes. It was all I could do today to not reach over my kid's shoulder and re-fold his paper into thirds instead of halves. Snowflakes have six sides, people, not eight.

Anyway, we also went to the park. My kid is awfully hesitant at the playground, it seems. I'm trying to get him out of his shell more, and also help the kid develop some upper body strength (this kid is a noodle, I swear). But he is not so good at wrapping his brain around the idea of pulling yourself up with your arms. When he stands on a cargo net, he puts his whole arm over the rope, instead of holding with his hands. It's going to definitely hinder his playground growth. One day we had a talk about pushing v. pulling and an English-speaking dad was definitely laughing at me. Whatever. Luckily, he has finally started testing his boundaries by occasionally not holding on when riding the spring animals, and going down slides on his knees. But he won't do anything without me being within 10 feet.

I sound like a mother. Oh well.

Had some legit Italian food tonight. Actually, I wasn't that into it. It was pasta e fagiloli, and I think it was too salty. Bummer. Luckily, we had crepes with Nutella for dessert, so all was saved.

Today I wore a maxi dress with a cardigan. Felt pretty darn fashionable. France and I are doing well together. Transition pieces for the win. Also, it's unseasonably warm here. And I'm loving it.

Well, this has been sufficiently all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment